Concentration is the ability to focus your attention on one subject, object or thought and at the same time omit from the mind every other unrelated thought, ideas, feelings and sensations. It also means taking your mind off a lot of things and putting it on one thing at a particular time. To improve concentration, the mind focuses on the object, and only one thought occupies the mind. The whole energy of the mind becomes concentrated on this one thought. Many people perceive that meditation is concentration or vice versa. But it is not so. In fact, Meditation helps you achieve concentration. Exercise and Meditation are the keys to improve concentration. There are many techniques that can help improve focus. Below are some concentration tips:
- Avoid Multi-tasking: It is always good to be proficient. But there is a difference between proficiency and multi-tasking. Being proficient means giving your best to successfully complete a task. This is attainable through concentrating on one task at a time. The time you consume thereby is significantly less. Whereas when you multitask, you are distributing your attention on more than one activity and therefore you are not able improve concentration on any particular task. It definitely increases the chances of errors and the amount of time consumed is high which in turn reduces your productivity. So, you should ensure that whatever you do you should put your full heart and mind into it.
- Decide what you want to improve concentration on: It has often been noticed that you reflect what you perceive. You start impersonating someone’s way of talking, walking or the way they eat in a matter of a couple of minutes just by concentrating on the act.
- Key to deep concentration: Stay calm. Deep concentration is a concentration tips that matters when increasing or directing your life-force or conscious, cosmic energy. The more you have this kind of energy, the better. It must be calm, focused energy. Learning to be calm improves concentration. Rushing into things, bumping into goaded thoughts often leads to over excitement and exertion. Your thoughts flicker, your concentration breaks. So, it is always worthy to keep your eye right at your goal and stay calm to improve focus.
- Parameterize your energy: Controlling your energy is an important concentration tip toward the ability to concentrate deeply. There are various techniques for Energization exercises, you just have to find the one that suits your needs.
- Practice Concentration: It can be done by doing regular exercises. Meditation is one of the most powerful concentration tips of all concentration enhancement techniques. Learn a few simple meditation techniques and practice them. Sit in a place where you can be all by yourself. Practicing improves focus on an object.
- Switch between tasks: To not lose the track and improve focus, it is always desirable to switch between tasks which demand less focus and the ones that demand high focus. Playing call of duty requires much more attention than watching a movie. When you toggle between such tasks, you contemplate the tasks better.
- Take breaks: Take a stroll, walk on the grass, inhale the freshness of the air, the smell of the flowers, the cool breeze and relax. This concentration tip makes you do this often and you will be able to improve focus and be more creative.
- Watch your breathing: Loosen yourself. Experience the calmness of your body. Breathe in and breathe out. Just Observe! This teaches you to improve focus on your mind on one thing at a time. As you observe your breath, it will slow down, along with your mind, and you move into a dynamic, peaceful state of being. Your mind will become rejuvenated and creatively receptive.
The power of concentration is immense. It helps to retain even the trivial details. Once you attain the power of deep concentration, it will bear fruitful results for you. You become more aware, more responsive. Your productivity shoots up. It eventually makes you more attractive and confident.